News & Information
- Stop by the AJT Booth (#300) at the ATC in Seattle!
- Published on May 16, 2013
Make sure to visit the American Journal of Transplantation booth (#300) to learn all about the exciting developments at AJT during the ATC meeting in Seattle, May 18th - 22nd, 2013.
- CDC Confirms Rabies Death in Organ Transplant Recipient
- Published on Mar 15, 2013
This CDC press release details the transmission of rabies from a donor with encephalitis to at least one kidney recipient.
- In Memoriam: Dr. Nicholas L. Tilney, MD
- Published on Mar 15, 2013
Dr. Tilney was a renowned surgeon and transplant researcher from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, and a book author later in life, specializing in historical accounts of transplantation and surgery in general.
- AJT Congratulates Dr. Alvin E. Roth
- Published on Jan 09, 2013
The American Journal of Transplantation extends its highest congratulations to Dr. Alvin E. Roth, who was jointly awarded The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel for 2012 with Dr. Lloyd S. Shapley for their work on the theory of stable allocations and the practice of market design.
- In Memoriam: Dr. Henrik Ekberg
- Published on Jan 03, 2013
It is with great sadness that we announce that Henrik Ekberg, 61, has passed away suddenly and unexpectedly while on vacation in Thailand.
- 2012 Reviewer Honor Roll
- Published on Dec 07, 2012
AJT thanks our dedicated reviewers.
- In Memoriam: Dr. Joseph E. Murray
- Published on Dec 06, 2012
The transplantation field and the entire medical community mourn the loss of Dr. Joseph E. Murray, the first surgeon to successfully perform a human organ transplant in 1954. Dr. Murray died of complications due to a stroke on Monday, December 3rd at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston at age 93.
- New technique to provide suitable lungs for transplant could help tackle major shortage
- Published on Oct 12, 2012
A new method developed to increase the availability of suitable organs for use in lung transplants has been successfully used in the USA, according to a paper in the October issue of the American Journal of Transplantation.
- Roy Calne and Thomas E. Starzl Win Lasker Award for Clinical Research
- Published on Sep 26, 2012
The Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation has awarded the 2012 Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award to Roy Y. Calne, MD, emeritus professor of surgery with the University of Cambridge, and Thomas E. Starzl, MD, PhD, professor of surgery at the University of Pittsburgh, two scientists who independently developed safe liver transplantation. According to the Lasker Foundation announcement, “Some of Starzl’s and Calne’s early patients—originally diagnosed with untreatable and...
- New Article in American Journal of Transplantation Assesses the Impact of Tax Policies on Living Organ Donations in the U.S.
- Published on Aug 21, 2012
A new study recently published in the American Journal of Transplantation assessed the impact of tax policies on living donation rates.
- Images inTransplantation
- The AJT Report
- LITERATURE Watch
- News & Information
- Cover Gallery
- Virtual Issues
- Reviewer Thank You
- Manuscript Submissions - Operating Procedure Instructions to Authors
- Supplement Guide
- Submit Your Manuscript
- Author Services
- Subscribe / Renew
- Recommend to Library
- Free Sample Issue
- Sign up for e-alerts
- Sign up for RSS
- Download AJT apps
Sales & Services